While applying for a fresh passport attach two copies of the following

Proof of
one of the following):

Applicant’s ration card, certificate from Employer
of reputed companies on letter head, water /telephone /electricity
bill/statement of running bank account/Income Tax Assessment Order /Election
Commission ID card, Spouse’s passport copy, parent’s passport copy in case
of minors. (NOTE: If any applicant submits only ration card as proof of
address, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the above

Proof of Date
of Birth
one of the following):

Birth certificate issued by a
Municipal Authority or district
office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths;

Date of birth certificate from the school last
attended by the applicant or any
other recognized educational institution; or
an Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date/place of birth as per
the specimen in ANNEXURE ‘A’ by illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants.

In the case of applicants born on or after 26.01.89, only Birth
Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or the Office of the Registrar of
Births & Deaths is acceptable.

applicant is a citizen of India by Registration or Naturalization.

Sector/Statutory body employees should submit “Identity Certificate” in
original (ANNEXURE B) along with Standard Affidavit
Annexure I.

If the
applicant is eligible for “ECNR” attach attested copy of supporting document

If the
applicant was repatriated at Government cost, enclose documents to show that the
expenditure, if any, incurred by the Government of India on his/her repatriation
has been fully refunded to the Government of India, Ministry of External

If the
applicant was ever deported to India, give details of Emergency

When applying for reissue of a passport
after 10 years, attach:

Old passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first four
and last four pages, including ECR/ECNR page. 

Document mentioned at (1) (d), if applicable. 

Document mentioned at (1) (e), if the old passport did not have ECNR
stamp or it was issued when the applicant was a minor.

If there is any change in address, document mentioned at 1 (a). 

If the old passport does not contain spouse name, copy of marriage
certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage or affidavitas per specimen in
Annexure `D’

When applying for a minor’s passport

A Declaration from the parents /single parent/applicant parent/legal
guardians, as the case may be, affirming the particulars furnished in the
application about the minor child as per ‘Annexure-H (for all minor
applicants), Annexure “C” (Single parents who are separated but not formally
divorced/Single parent of the child born out of wedlock), 
Annexure “G” (when passport is being applied for by single parent or
legal guardian),  Annexure “I” 
(when a minor between 15-18 years of age applies for a full validity 10
year passport OR in case either parents who do not hold valid Indian passport
while applying passport for their minor child), as the case may be. 
Single Parents applying for the passport for their child should fill up
Annexure “C”
and or Annexure “G”, as the case may be. 

(b) Attested
photocopy of passport, if any, of both parents, if applicable.

(c) Original
passports of parents should be presented for verification of particulars.

(d)  If one parent is resident abroad, a Sworn affidavit by the
parent resident abroad attested by the Indian Mission along with affidavit from
parent residing in India as  well be

Ordinarily the consent of both parents is required for issue of a passport to a
minor (below 18 years of age).
if it is absolutely not possible due to any reason, the parent applying for a
passport for his/her minor child may submit an affidavit 
(Annexure G) and based on the same passport application will be
processed.  In case where the
parent(s) is/are resident outside India, such consent from the parent(s), in the
form of a sworn affidavit, duly attested by the Indian Mission abroad, is
acceptable. In the cases where the minor children who are less than 18 years of
age, the details of valid passports held by BOTH OR EITHER parents should
be furnished. In such cases, passport to their minor child will be issued
without any police verification basis. Further, in the cases where the parents
do not hold valid passports, applications for such minors can be made on the
basis of three documents of parents details of which are given in para C(B) of
Section IV of the Passport Information Booklet along with Standard Affidavit
Annexure I. In all such cases, passport to their minor child will be issued on
post-police verification basis. Children of all age must apply for separate
passports.  However, those below 15
years will be given 5 years validity passport or passport till 18 years of age.
In case the minor child who is between 15 and 18 years of age wishes to obtain a
full validity passport for 10 years, the same can be issued only on post-police
verification basis on submission of Standard Affidavit as in Annexure “I”
and three of the 14 document as mentioned in para C (B) of Section IV of
Passport Information Booklet by the parents and on payment of fee equivalent to
the normal passport fee i.e. Rs. 1000/- for a 36 pages passport, as applicable
for an adult. In the case of single parents or of parents who are separated but
not formally divorced, an affidavit at ‘Annexure C is to be submitted.

 For Adopted Children:

case of Adopted Children the following documents are to be furnished:

Valid adoption deed registered as per Indian laws

In the case of Christians, Muslims and Parsis, a court order granting
guardianship and allowing the child to be taken out of the Country.

iii) Copy of the guarantee executed before the Court



I.    Following marriage, remarriage or divorce: 

A woman applying for change of name/surname in existing passport due to
marriage must furnish: 

(i)      Photocopy
of the Husband’s passport, if any, and

An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage OR
an affidavit from the husband and wife along with a joint photograph,
(Specimen at Annexure D). 

Divorcees applying for change of name OR
for deletion of spouse’s name in existing passport must furnish 

(i)   Certified copy of
Divorce decree.

Deed poll/sworn affidavit (ANNEXURE ‘E’) 

Re-married applicants applying for change of name/spouse’s name must

Divorce deed/death certificate as the case may be in respect of first
spouse, and 

Document as at (a) above relating to second marriage. 

II. In other circumstances for change of name, the applicant (both male and
female) should furnish:

Deed poll/sworn affidavit (ANNEXURE ‘E’):

Paper cuttings of two leading daily newspapers (one daily newspaper
should be of the area of applicant’s permanent and present address or nearby


If an applicant desires to obtain his passport under the Tatkal Scheme, a
verification certificate as per the specimen at ANNEXURE
and standard affidavit as Annexure
should be submitted along with the TATKAAL fee. 
The Passport Issuing Authority shall retain the right to verify in
writing the authenticity of the Verification Certificate from the official who
has issued it.  All applicants
seeking a passport out of turn under the TATKAAL Scheme are advised to submit
their application, documentation and fee as specified below. No proof of
urgency is required for Out-of-Turn issue of passport
. Post Police
Verification shall be done in respect of all passports issued under the
Tatkaal Scheme.

The applicant also has the option to obtain a passport under Tatkal Scheme on
submission of three documents from the Fourteen documents as mentioned below,
provided one of the three documents is a photo identity document and atleast one
of the three is amongst the documents indicated at (a) to (i) and a standard
affidavit (Annexure
  on non-judicial stamp paper duly attested by a Notary:


Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC);


Service Identity Card issued by State/Central Government, Public Sector
Undertakings, local bodies or Public Limited Companies; 


SC/ST/ OBC Certificates; 


Freedom Fighter Identity Cards; 


Arms Licenses; 


Property Documents such as Pattas, Registered Deeds etc.; 


Rations Cards; 


Pension Documents such as ex-servicemen’s Pension Book/Pension Payment
order, ex-servicemen’s Widow/Dependent Certificates, Old Age Pension Order,
Widow Pension Order; 


Railway Identity Cards; 


Income Tax Identity (PAN) Cards;  


Bank/ Kisan/Post Office Passbooks; 


Student Identity Cards issued by Recognized Educational Institutions; 


Driving Licenses; and 


Birth Certificates issued under the RBD Act.

(All above documents to be produced in original
along with self-attested copies)

TATKAAL fee is in addition to the applicable passport fee and payable either in
cash or DD in favor of Passport Officer concerned.
  The additional fee for out of turn TATKAAL passport, would be
as follows:






Within 1-7 days of the date
of Application



Rupees 1,500/- plus the
passport fee of Rs.1000/-






Within 8-14 days of the date
of Application



Rupees 1,000/- plus the
passport fee of Rs.1000/-


lieu of Lost/Damaged Passport)






Within 1-7 days of the date
of Application



Rupees 2,500/- plus the
duplicate passport fee of Rs.2500/-






Within 8-14 days of the date
of Application



Rupees 1,500/- plus the
duplicate passport fee of Rs.2500/-


cases after expiry of 10 years validity






Within 3 working days of the
date of application



Rupees 1,500/- plus the
passport fee of Rs.1000/-


 (D) For
issue of passports to owner, partners and directors of Companies which are
members of CII, FICCI & ASSOCHAM
applicants have to submit Verification Certificate as at Annexure
along with Standard Affidavit at Annexure

 (E)  In
case an applicant is in possession of a Verification Certificate (VC) and or
three (3) documents as mentioned in para C(B) (a) of Section
, and Standard affidavit as in Annexure-I,
but does not wish to pay the additional fees as required under Tatkaal, he/she
 will be issued passport on post- police verification basis in
the normal course. 

applicant has to fill the passport application form and submit the same along
with following deeds:

i) FIR in original

ii) First and last four pages of old

iii) If there is any change in address,
proof of address.